Thursday, May 13, 2004

How are you supposed to find the time...

I started my day today at 6:30 (well 6:44 after a couple of sleep buttons). 2 hour project meeting, jump across the city to a client site who is pushing me to finish a project because they're short of budget and they keep throwing new items at me as 'is that done yet items'. They seem to think that an access application will be 'done' i.e. finished and delivered - fact is it is unlikely to ever be that good - the application is based on a botched model and much of the work I've done has been to keep the thing working, not really cleaning it up to make it perfect. They will need to continue to update and change the application in the future - they just don't want to...

Done at 5pm exactly no-flex here with this client. Stopped at the bookstore and picked up a new book on the Enneagram and Christianity I'll let you know what I find out about that when I have had a chance to read it.

Had my massage with N. It's surprising how much I enjoy this - not a 5 thing at all really very 'body' oriented - N is a great talker though and it's always a pleasant time. Left the Massage at 7:40, grab Mc D's on the way to the church and eat en-route before going to the think tank meeting - more talk about the same sex blessing issue and (I'm for it by the way) discussion about other plans - hope to get the habitat build nailed down.

Back home now, I have to take a look at a project I was working on earlier and now my client would like it - they sort of expect it to be 'part of the package' even though I really wrote the code quickly and more for my own support than theirs.

I have another client that has been very patient and I need to get back to them but I'm unlikely to be able to get to them until after next week and I currently have 6 projects on my desk including some that have taken much longer than I would have liked them to have taken. Programming sometimes seems to take me a very long time - I don't have much 'personal' library code done up so I'm frequently 'duplicating' work that I know that I've done before but can't remember where or when, and it's been long enough that I need to look it up again so that I can do it again.

Sigh - off into .net land - it's 11:15 - I have to be up at 6:30


No comments: