Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Getting Ready for Training

Work...
This Thursday and Friday I'm supposed to be training 12 people on how to use a new version of a reporting tool. Now, I've used this tool in the past and taught the course so it's not all new, this is version 10 and the old version is version 8.5 so It's not that big a jump. The problem is that today is the first day I've had a chance to work with the application and I teach tomorrow starting at 8:30 (I need to be there at 7:45). I don't use this tool on a daily basis so I'm playing catch-up here, my only real concern is if someone asks me how to do something that is outside of what I'm preparing, I'm screwed if they do...I'll just have to table the question and look up the answer that night...not what I really want to do.

Life...
Last night I went to the Manitoba Deaf Scouts - Cub Section meeting, it's great to see the program proceeding so well, the leader's are doing well and the program happens on it's own now, I don't have to drive it. We still need some mentoring from cub leader's next year to make sure the program remains 'scouty' enough - if we move out of the school next year and into a different meeting place then that would be good!

Home...
We're getting ready to put up our fence on the weekend $3k of wood is scheduled to be dropped off today for our fence. We went over last night and spoke to our neighbor's about the wood delivery. Now we find out that they may have objections to using the older preserved wood vs. ACQ (one is arsenic based vs. copper based) S. and I have done our due diligence, nothing I have found has indicated that the older wood is a great risk. I wouldn't use it for the surface of a deck where you might be walking and track it into the house or for a kids play structure. But this is a fence, not a play structure. We'll take precautions (masks and washing) as we work but it's not really a big deal. Problem is that their notice of concern is a little late, I wish they had raised red flags a couple of weeks ago. Oh well, we'll check the prices and see what we can do for them, their concern is legitimate, and each of us must evaluate the risk.

No comments: