Saturday, January 03, 2009

New Year 2009

Another year gone...

Personal Development (Training/Certification)
Made no progress here - I guess I need to decide if this is really important.
Craft Room
Like many people we still have a 'deep dark secret' in a pile of collected junk that we need to sort through. If anything this has gotten worse...
Tasks
This has improved but need to get better at focusing real time onto tasks be they work, personal projects, Scouts or just having time to enjoy cooking dinner.
Painting the Living Room
This is probably one of our 'next tasks' only issue is that the living area has a vaulted ceiling over the stairs that is going to be very very difficult to paint.
Ideas for 2009

I'm going to try and limit 'Aimless Surfing'...I frequently sit on the couch and surf the net - whatever I find interesting, problem is it isn't productive time. At the same time the TV is on and that just creates mental noise (as one blog I read this year said) if I'm going to make time to accomplish tasks then I need to have less unfocused time when I'm not productive.

I continue to try and change the 'tone' of the items I buy - wood, stone, stoneware, metal in place of plastic and that has been somewhat successful.

Kiddo is now old enough that S. and I are going to try and take him out canoeing this summer - we'll see how that works out.

No comments: