Friday, January 07, 2005

Friday Afternoon

Ever have one of those months? I was supposed to go camping this weekend and I'm not going to make it - not because I didn't have time it's just that frankly I don't want to - I have a bunch of stuff to do at home (not even New Being (NB) related actually) and other items that I'd 'like to get to' if I can.

One of the big ones is painting the master bedroom - we've been at that one for a week+ we have one wall and the bathroom left to get done, I've been beat most nights this week (with no real reason to be).

Tonight we're hosting a Murder (no, nothing criminal) a dinner party where guests play the part of characters in the story and together they try and solve the plot. That doesn't start until 7:30 and won't clear up until midnight at least.

Tomorrow I want to try and make an early start - paint the room and hope it has time to dry before I move the furniture back and try and move back in. Then we can clean up the spare bedroom.

All seems horribly mundane doesn't it? It's been a long time since I was able to devote serious consistent time to gaming or other relaxing pursuits, and with NB on the way I doubt that I will anytime soon...

Currently - finishing lunch, writing a new report for my current client, listening to the beeping of the students working on their forklift certification in the room where I'm programming - whew propane exhaust... sheesh.

No comments: