Friday, July 02, 2004

Election

Well, it's over and the liberals have a minority government, (for those who don't know that's when no one party in our house has a majority of the seats - 155 would be required I believe in this case), the downside is that this kind of government doesn't last that long and that we're probably going to be back at the polls within 18 months. The upside is that we might, for a change, actually get some responsible government, where the people in the commons actually want to find a solution that pleases several viewpoints (notice I didn't say pleased the voters, because I don't believe for a second that they have changed to actually caring about how their decisions affect middle class Canadians. ) That said, we might get some good decisions from this.
 
The conservative in our riding was trounced by thousands of votes, I'll have to look at a poll by poll analysis when it comes out to see where the strong liberal support actually is, I suspect it's in the north of my riding in the French quarter but I don't have any facts yet to back that up.
 
S. and I are going to make contact with the local Conservative committee and see what we can connect with.
 
I'm sure this is going to be an interesting year...
 
 
 

No comments: